Performance Features in the 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
You’re probably well aware that the 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer offers quite a deal on its own, and that’s before we examine its energetic performance specs. The Lancer even gives the Honda Civic a run for its money around here in Gainesville. When it comes to combining power and control, it’s tough to beat the Lancer, offering drivers the choice of two engines, two transmissions, and multiple suspension systems. Discover what sets the Lancer above the competition below.
Power and Performance
It’s tough to describe just what an engine feels like – we think you need a test drive to understand any car fully – but we’ve got the specs and the details you need to have an idea of what “2017 Mitsubishi Lancer performance” means.
- Engine Power – We start with the engine, or engines, rather. The standard 2.0L I4 DOHC 16-Valve delivers 148 hp and 145 lb-ft of torque while the available 2.4L four-cylinder raises the stakes to 168 hp and 167 lb-ft of torque, with Mitsubishi’s Innovative Valve-timing Electronic Control system keeping the sedan efficient at up to 35 mpg on the highway.
- A Smooth Drive – Additionally, the Lancer also gives you a few different suspension systems to keep you stable and the ride high-performing. Each trim offers up a front MacPherson Strut with a 20 mm stabilizer bar, and in the back the Lancer is built with a Multi-link type system with an 18 mm stabilizer bar.
- Smart Transmissions – What’s more, the new Lancer also boasts a choice between two smart transmission systems—a 5-speed manual transmission or a Mitsubishi CVT (or Continuously Variable Timing) system. The first is standard on the ES 2.0L trim, while the other is available and gives improved acceleration rates, MPGs, and responsiveness.
- Wheels – The Lancer’s new 16-inch wheels look good with their two-tone machine finish, and the same goes for drivers who upgrade to the 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels, letting the
- LED Lighting – Finally, the Lancer also provides you with LED running lights and bright halogen headlamps for added allure and increased visibility
All-in-all, we think it’s a pretty impressive package.
Test Drive the Lancer Today at Carriage Mitsubishi
We want you to explore the 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer performance in action, and all you need to do is visit Carriage Mitsubishi to do it. You’ll find as at 2350 Browns Bridge Road in Gainesville, a short trip for our Buford and Cumming drivers. We can also be reached by telephone at 678-932-1710 or via this easy-to-complete online form if you have any questions or want to schedule your test drive. We can’t wait to see you behind the wheel; don’t hesitate to check out the Lancer for yourself.